I was most honoured recently to have been tagged by one of my favourite bloggers Amy at Cocktails in Teacups in a lovely game first created by Bella of How Does It Feel To...
It's aimed at reminding ourselves why we started blogging. It's a great idea, because its all about the very thing we all have in common.
It's simple to take part, you just list five reasons/inspirations for starting your blog. Here are my five:
1. I read a lot of blogs before I started my own. A LOT! I found them so inspiring. I tend to favour a blog where I feel an affinity with its author, so I favoured blogs like Tigerlilly Quinn, More Than Toast and I'm Only Saying What You're Thinking. I love an insight into another family's life.
2. I wanted to write. I wanted to have a place to say what I wanted, share what I wanted and join in with the blogging fun I could see happening around me. I sort of felt left out! Before I started my blog I'd never officially "followed" another, or commented on one. I wanted to be a part of it. People kept telling me I was funny, that I should write "a column or something" and I wondered if I could do it. I wanted to see if I could pull it off, without my readers doing out of duty because they know me and felt like they had to.
3. I wanted to "meet" new people. I already had conversations that involved me saying "I read on this blog that...." Now that I've started blogging myself, and I've got to know my fellow bloggers a bit better I find myself saying "A friend of mine....." I've said before that my world got a little big bigger when I started down this road and it really is a lovely thing. My fellow bloggers are amazing, creative, inspirational people and its great to a part if it. Plus there are so many people I can turn to for advice, opinions and suggestions that its amazing. I've met some brilliant, inspirational people that would have otherwise passed me by. Wow.
4. I know everyone says it, and it's a bit blah, blah, blah, but I did want to record our lives somewhere. I could never keep a diary going, but somehow blogging gives me the encouragement that I need. Even though I've only been doing this for such a short, short time I already look back of some early posts and I can barely remember them. I'm so glad that they're sorted here for me to look back on. I really enjoy the link ups that I take part in for this reason too, Magic Moments, Currently and The 52 Project really highlight the good things that happen to us day to days.
5. I wanted to stretch myself and focus myself and feel a little bit special. I'm not really sure whether this paints me in a good light, but it's the truth so what the hey! Sometimes it can seem like every man/woman and their dog is a blogger, but really, in the grand scheme of things it's quite an unusual hobby. I wanted to try something that's completely new to me. And I'm quite proud with how I've managed to get my head around all the technical stuff, created badges, got my page looking the way I want it etc, etc. I'm not very technical so I feel like its been quite an achievement and I've learnt a lot just giving it a go.
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular in this, but I would be chuffed to bits if you'd like to give it a go....comment below if you do and leave me a link, I'd love to read your post.
Over and out!
|I have no idea why I added this, I just found it and it made me laugh... "Joelene, Joelene, Joelene, Joleeeeeeene!"|