Wednesday 3 July 2013

Well shiver my timbers, it's only from actual Mothercare....


1        2       3         4

We went to Mothercare last weekend. I haven't been there for a long time, there isn't a store near us and I'd kind of got it into my head that you only really needed to go there prior to having a baby to buy changing mats, breast pads and that sort of thing.  But we'd received a gift voucher for Wiggles for her birthday, so we decided to take a trip out and spend it.

I was very pleasantly surprised, particularly by their clothing range.  I completely and totally fell in love with the Little Bird range designed by Jools Oliver.  I've liked Jools ever since I read her book on pregnancy; "Minus Nine to One" it's a little old now, but she wrote it in a way I could really identify with and she's got her head screwed on.  I've thought she was great ever since.

Her clothing range has just reinforced my opinion.  Wiggles looks beautiful in a little pink dress, but not all the time, she may be a little girl, but she also suits bright bold colours and the Little Bird range has those in plentiful supply.  I loved the retro seventies feel that so many of the items had, they really took me back to my childhood, in a good way!

We bought the first t-shirt shown above for Wiggles and it's pretty much my ideal t-shirt for her in every possible way, bright colours, but still girly.  And you can feel the quality.  We also bought her a little pair of sandals to match which were from the ordinary Mothercare range.  She's not walking yet so we don't need to worry too much about what goes on her feet.  We also bought the little koala pyjamas for Biscuit which she loves.  And then Dot the Robot at the end just had to come home with us.  I am a sucker for a robot!  I'm not sure who loves her most.

Altogether I was really impressed with the entire Mothercare range, but particularly with Little Bird.  I really could have spent a fortune there.  I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this range in the future, I'm looking forward to seeing what there is on offer around Christmas as for me it pretty much ticks every possible box!

Have you seen or bought any of the Little Bird collection?  What are your thoughts on Mothercare? 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. We have that first t-shirt - looks so cute on :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I think I'd like one for myself if I'm honest.....

      Delete
  2. I really like the Little Bird range, my littelests first outfit was from there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd seen it when Wiggles was born, I'd have chosen some for her too :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the Little Bird range - the white baby stuff they do with the little deer on is so sweet!
    I don't tend to shop much in Mothercare - I find the pink and blue segregation slightly irritating! I'll have to go and have another look at the Little Bird stuff as I haven't looked at what they've got in at the moment. Those koala pyjamas are cute too!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those little deer too! Little Bird does seem a lot less gender specific :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!