Thursday 21 March 2013

Currently...#9

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this link up? It's a bit of a gift really, I discover the themes for the following week every Thursday and wonder what will happen that will fit into those categories. It's lovely seeing how things turn out. So! Once again I'm happily joining in with Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale.

This week I have been:

Cleaning:  Ugh, I loathe cleaning.  My Parents seem to have serious issues with it, my Mum is constantly cleaning, planning her entire social calendar around when she can clean her house.  My Dad is just as bad.   Our worst fall outs living so close to one another are ALWAYS about cleaning.  Me cleaning, not them cleaning.  I am constantly being picked up on my lack of cleaning.  I don't think my parents remember how impossible it is with a baby.  I can't just leave her to wreak havoc whilst I merrily trip off to the bathroom with a bottle of bleach.  I try my best, I do, but in truth I am never going to come up to the standard they expect of me.  So in truth I have been cleaning, but not as much as they would like.  It's a sensitive subject.

Planning:  Ahhhhh!  Now here's a good subject for me!  I've been planning a whole host of things.  Blog posts, holidays, birthday parties, picnics in the park, Easter celebrations.  Oh I love to plan.  There are so many lovely things on the horizon and so many things I'm looking forward to.  The most imminent is lunch, TODAY just me and the husband.  We've been planning this for weeks, WEEKS and I'm so pleased it's finally come around.  We have a coupon (counting the pennies) we have a babysitter and we have appetites the size of cows.

Planting:   I love this time of year, it's planting and it's planning time.  So far at our allotment we've planted the broad beans and we've moved our fruit bushes.  We desperately need to plant our our potatoes, they've been chitting for ages now and they're more than ready, but we haven't had the weather for it.  My fingers and my toes are crossed that it gets better soon.  At home we've been planting spring bulbs and they've just started to flower.  Just beautiful.  Come on Spring, I'm ready for you!

Skipping:  This theme.....I can't think of a single thing that I've skipped.  I am such a good girl (ha).....

Wearing:  Warm jumpers in spring colours.  I'd love to be able to start getting out my warmer weather clothes, but alas the British weather seems to have other ideas.  So I've been wearing my warmest clothes, but trying to encourage the change in season by adopting some bright cheerful colours. Climate take note!

Next week: Feeling, Imagining, Considering, Listening To, Moving.

Join in?

HK



post signature

12 comments:

  1. So great that you guys have a date! Oh and skrew the cleaning. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you said that Krysta! I totally agree! Cleaning can wait! :)

      Delete
  2. I hate cleaning too, it seems like I've been doing
    it for over a million years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh doesn't it Kym? A million years! Same things, same places, ugh, there's got to be more to life hasn't there? ;) x

      Delete
  3. I get so jealous when I read about you and gardening, I want a garden dammit! I love cleaning only if I have music on in the background else I hate it, it's weird, it's like the music has motivation behind it or something... anyways lovely post as always! I hope you enjoyed your lunch

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhiannon, you are so lovely! Lunch was lovely thank you. But I did do that thing where you choose the wrong starter and then force your OH to share his with you...ha! Strangely I don't mind cleaning if its on my terms, bit of spring cleaning here and there I can find quite therapeutic, but I have to want to do it, not be tutted at for not doing it. Ugh!

      Delete
  4. I'm in next week!! I completely agree with the idea of wearing spring colors to encourage spring. I think it will work. I wore pastels today, despite the snow that fell last night. Sigh. And I can not wait to see your garden in full garden glory!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! Can't wait to read your post next week!

      We're predicted snow tonight as well, the weather is ignoring our pastels, how date it?!!!

      Delete
  5. Balls to cleaning! You can send your parents to my house of horror sometime :) Ooh I hope you enjoyed your lunch and I second your note to the Climate. It's time to step it up, Sun, get on that immediately, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite, Quite and QUITE!!! Lunch was lovely thank you my lovely :)

      Delete
  6. My mom used to ask me the same thing when I told her I'd finished cleaning, "My kind of cleaning, or your kind of cleaning?" Like you, I could never live up to my mothers expectation of clean. Now? Now I catch myself saying the same thing to my partner. I vomit a little in my mouth when I hear myself say it, but the words just come out!

    Also, planners unite!! Happy to find another fellow planning lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh so much!!! I know just what you mean! I caught myself committing Mum-isms all the time, real horror show!

      Yay for planning! I'd never get anything done if I couldn't plan. I can even plan a casserole :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!