Thursday 28 March 2013

Currently...#10

It's Thursday (how?) so it's time to join in with the, frankly delicious Ot and Et and the delightful Harvesting Kale for Currently, huzzah!

This week I have been:

Feeling:  Happy, sleepy, positive. After mentioning my massive dislike of cleaning last week I suddenly got the urge this week. I'm not sure why, maybe the Spring clean instinct kicked in a little, or maybe no one's nagged me about it for a while. Either way I actually felt like getting my shizzle in order.

Imagining:  All the people, it's easy if you try. Ahem, sorry. I wonder how many people will do that in response to this question.....
I have mostly been imagining what I will look like in my bridesmaid's dress next month. My best friend is getting married and I'm honoured to be her BM together with her lovely sister. Trouble is her sister is beautiful and svelte. I keep imagining looking like a giant marshmallow stood next to her in a dress that doesn't disguise any of my wobbly bits.....it's quite a concern.

Considering:   I've been considering telling my friends about my blog. I feel, I suppose, more legitimate now, a little more established and less of a whim. I don't know, maybe. I know they'd be supportive, but I don't want to look self indulgent. Or bonkers. So of you're reading this Lucky, Impressive E or Tilly I've been brave and this is it. What do you think?

Listening to:  to my much loved Tom McRae. He calms me, he moves me and sometimes he depresses the hell out of me, but I am completely in awe of that man. We've seen him play live over the years in so many places and so many settings and he's never once failed to stun me. Even when he played at Shepherds Bush Empire when he had man flu, he still knocked spots of anyone else. He once replied to a tweet of mine when This Baby was little (I sound mad now, right?) I told him that she was sleeping listening to his first album and that Mr Husband Sir had remarked "Great, she'll grow up miserable" he countered that she'd would be inoculated now and that he went to sleep listening to Kylie to stay depressed. I laughed. And loved him for replying. And I think I will listen to him until I'm an old, old lady.

Moving:  Baby things down from the loft to get rid of them. It's a sad realisation that I won't have any more gorgeous tots. And on that basis we have to move down things like the Moses basket and move them onwards to another home. Sigh.

Next week:  Drinking, Buying, Driving, Missing, Obsessing.

Join in?

HK



post signature

15 comments:

  1. Whoop! I joined in today, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cool! Love it that you've jumped aboard!!

      Delete
  2. I had to read your "imagining" 8 times before I got it. In my defence, I've only had one cup of coffee so far. I need at least four before I'm able to comprehend simple sentences.

    Also, I refuse to get rid of any of our baby stuff. I lent some of my maternity clothes to a co-worker and almost had a heart attack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! A little too cryptic perhaps? I had to absolutely FORCE myself to start getting rid of things. I already want them back...

      Delete
  3. I love this linkie. I might join in next week. Bit busy with my blog upgrade this week. I'm having same issues with worrying about fitting into a dress for a ball next month. I just can't seem to stay off the chocolate!!! Great post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be marvellous!!!

      New blog looks great, hope you manage to iron out your issues! :) x

      Delete
  4. I love these currently posts! I may have to actually join in! I too have been considering telling my friends and family about my blog...it's funny I have no problem with strangers from the internet reading about my life but am convinced my friends will laugh at me and think I'm mad!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do Lauren! That would be lovely!!

      I didn't tell them. The right moment didn't come up. Another time I'm sure. Glad I'm not the only one!!

      Delete
  5. You must, must, MUST tell your friends and blow your own blog trumpet. There's so much to love about your witty blog and they will love it. I once blew my own blog trumpet (that sounds so wrong) but see all about it here: http://mischiefmayhemandmotherhood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/blog-trumpet.html

    Lots of love,
    Your Favourite Blight Stalker xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously, that should read Your Favourite Bloggy Stalker. Dammit predicitive text!

      Delete
    2. Bless you! That's so kind. I really must get over myself and be brave. It's not like I think they'll hate it, just worried it might look a little self indulgent... though I'm not sure why that matters! Loved that post btw xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh I can't wait to see pics of you in that dress, you'll be stunning! Though I completely understand where you're coming from -- I hate feeling that way :/ but you will turn heads I'm sure of it and weddings are grownups' rare excuse to drink and dance, so that plus your best friend's big day will equal a ball! ps. you should absolutely tell your friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, how lovely of you. I hope it'll look ok. I'm probably being a little paranoid. It is a lovely dress and it's not a giant peach blob which is a huge blessing! I'd quite forgotten about the free wine and the dancing involved! A definite plus :) xx

      Delete
  7. Based on what I know of your musical taste, I thought Tom McRae must be worth looking up, only to find he's playing in our (small, musically deprived) town in a couple of months time. Tickets bought, anything in particular I should be listening to in preparation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caz you incredibly wonderful person you I have emailed you! Twice in fact as I pressed the send button too soon on the first go.....sorry about that!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!