Monday 18 March 2013

Magic Moments...#1

I would rather like to join the Magic Moments link up once again over at Oliver's Madhouse.  I enjoyed reading what people shared last week so much, I found it absolutely fascinating.  Plus I think Jaime is rather fabulous!  She actually (and I'm not entirely sure how) had me singing excerpts from The Sound of Music in her honour at work this week.  Now that's gotta be good, right?

So!  To business....

Two rather lovely things have happened this week and although they're only small I decided that in my head a least they qualified as Magic Moments.

The first; after weeks and months of trying to help That Baby with her reading she has FINALLY be deemed competent enough to be given a reading book to bring home by her Teacher.  She knows that many of her little friends have been merrily taking reading books home for some time, and whilst the speed at which she picks things up makes no difference to us, she'd started to notice and feel a little left out.  We had practiced and practiced her word lists to the point where she'd see which colour it was and reel off the words she'd memorised.  Anyway, on Friday I was at work all day, but once again returned home to find my first born, washed and sweet smelling in her pyjamas.  I sensed her excitement as soon as I made it through the front door "Muuuuummmmmmmmyyyyyy!" was shouted loudly somewhere from upstairs followed by the bashing and banging of a four year old making their way to find you urgently.  "Guess what Mummy? I've got A READING BOOK! A proper book to read Mumma.  For ME to read!"  She was so happy.  I'm proud of everything she does and the timings don't make a bit of difference to us.  But I am happy that she's so happy.

The second thing that I wanted to record, isn't exactly magical, but it did make me pretty pleased with myself.....Sitting on the sofa together on Sunday morning Mr Husband Sir declared that I had been a good wife lately.  He then listed the good things I had done.  The previous weekend I had put up the stairgates (to cage in This Baby) all on my own, with actual man spanners and everything.  I had also come up with an excellent system to access toffee bonbons from their very tall jar with minimal effort (don't ask)  little things like this please him.  I had cleared out the overflowing understairs cupboard with the help of my Dad and it looked "nearly organised."  And, perhaps most importantly, I had made him laugh during a conversation with That Baby to the point where he nearly spat his tea out.  It is universally accepted that I find myself funnier that Mr Husband finds me.  He often asks if "I'm find myself amusing again?"  as I guffaw uncontrollably at something that is only that funny to me. I shall recount the conversation that made him laugh a lot here:

Me:  Darling please don't leave little pieces of Lego on the floor where the baby can get them.  If she put them in her mouth they could make her very poorly.....

Her:  I'm a naughty girl, I'm always naughty, I'm in trouble again *big dramatic sigh*.  I'm going to put myself on the naughty step!

Me:  You're not in trouble sweetheart, I've just asked you not to leave little bits of lego all over the floor.  And we don't HAVE a naughty step.  You're just a girl sat on a step.

Cue Husband spitting out tea.  Hysterical aren't I?

Anyway I hope you've all had marvellous weekends!  I shall look forward to reading some more of other people's Magic Moments.  I bloomin' love this link up!


 post signature

32 comments:

  1. what a fab post great magic moments x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww lovely post. The man spanners and everything bit had me laughing and I love how he decided to say that you'd been a good wife lately

    Rhiannon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty impressed with that too. It'll probably never happen again!

      Delete
  3. What adorably sweet magic moments! I love this idea...hmmm...hopefully I'll be fully back in to blog life and can join in the fun next week.
    And I also find myself endlessly hysterical and regularly laugh at something I've said to the point of tears while my husband looks bemused. Fortunately, while he may not appreciate whatever got my giggle fit started, he does find my hysterical laughing funny, so he regularly joins in lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! Would be great to see you link up too xx

      Delete
  4. brilliant post, lovely magic moments xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I'd love hubby to tell me I'm a good wife. I think if I was he'd probably fall off his chair first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't see it happening again any time soon! Good while it lasted...

      Delete
  6. Kate, you are so kind! i think your pretty fab too!!

    I am so pleased she got her reading book! i remember Beth getting hers many moons ago she was talking about it for week! Glad to hear too you have been a good wife! lol

    This linky loves you back, thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to read about your little one getting her first reading book. Sounds as though she was very proud. As for your hubby's lovely words to you, what a wonderfully thoughtful man, its so easy for husband and wife to take each other for granted, how great to be recognised for all the good things you do xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say he is very good at little things like that, he thanks me for every meal I cook, even if he hated it, bless him! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh what a lovely post! Bless your little one with her excitement about her reading book! She sounds to pleased with herself!

    And I imagine you're always a great wife ;) but it's really nice of him to tell you so, it's always great to get recognition!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! And bless you, I wish I was always a good wife, I reckon 60-40's about my usual level, I'll settle for that! :) xx

      Delete
  9. This reminded me that my girl was one of the last of her age group to start to read. Now she's predicted an A in her A level literature exam and we regularly share books.
    And I love that you find yourself so amusing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's fantastic, it just blogged to show doesn't it? What a clever lass and how lovely that you share books now, that's a truly wonderful thing.

      I'm probably the only one that finds myself as hysterical as I do. Tragic really!

      Delete
  10. Aww these are lovely magic moments! The conversation made me laugh and how lovely for your daughter to be so happy to get her reading book :)

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I think we're as pleased as each other, her because she finally has her book and me because I don't have to do the word lists any more! ;)

      Delete
  11. Aww bless her my little boy has a stammer so they don't want to rush him into his reading he is in reception ,,, but is now asking why he hasn't got one :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless him! Bit rotten that he feels left out. Can he not have one anyway? That's mean...

      Delete
  12. Really lovely magic moments, sharing books with your girl is a fabulous thing and using man spanners is a big deal. I also think the naughty step comment is pretty funny too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nichola! Considering adding "proficient in man spammer use" to my CV ;)

      Delete
  13. Ha ha! I find myself entirely more hilarious than my husband does too! Living in my deluded but funny world is obviously an utter delight...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, same here! I am the funniest person I know!


      Well, nearly! ;)

      Delete
  14. I am in love with the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post. Made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post and great magic moments!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!