Tuesday 2 April 2013

Darling from a distance...

I am on holiday.  I am.  But I was also very honoured to have been nominated for a second Liebster award by the lovely Katy from Five on the Door.   I must say I was chuffed to bits!  Thank you my dear.  I only found Katy's blog recently and it's bloomin' great, she writes about her life and her little family so beautifully that I just feel drawn in, do have a butchers....

Here are the questions she asked me and here are my answers:

1. What would your dream gig be?
I saw David Bowie play once many, many years ago.  It threw it down with rain and I was the wettest I have ever been in my life, it was seriously torrential, but I was completely and totally and utterly mesmerised by that astounding man.  I would love LOVE to see him play live again.  Though I can't guarantee I wouldn't do the same thing again and stand slack jawed and rooted to the spot.  I couldn't talk afterwards, it was AMAZING.

2. Who is your favourite literary character and why?
Gosh, this is such a difficult question to answer, there are just so many choices aren't there?  I think I'm going to plump for Daenerys Targaryen from the Game of Thrones series, because that's what I'm reading at the moment.  She's a hugely fiesty, determined character and I am fascinated by what she's going to do next. She takes no prisoners and doesn't suffer fools.  Plus Mr Husband (secretly) thinks she's sexy.  Bonus!

3. What has been the best year of your life so far?
That's an easy one!  2007.  I was young, free, single and having the time of my life, within that year I met my wonderful husband and we also found out we were expecting my oldest daughter.  The year before had been a bit of a miserable one in my life, but in retrospect this made the contrast between the two all the sweeter.

4. Who is your secret crush?
Alan Rickman.  Hands down!  I don't know what it is about him, his voice, the dark brooding look he has in Harry Potter as Snape.  The bad, bad boy that he plays in Love, Actually.  Alan Rickman.  Grrrrrrrrr......

5. Guilty pleasure?
Made in Chelsea.  I KNOW I shouldn't.  I never, ever watch reality TV, but for some reason this just sucked me in and I cannot (try as I might) extract myself.

6. Tastiest snack?
Peanut Puffs.  They're like Wotsits slathered in peanut butter.  Dreadful for you.  Bloody amazing though.  

7. Who would play you in the film of your life?
Helena Bonham-Carter.  Because she's mad as a bag of cats, seriously bloody gorgeous, and if she played me I'd get to meet her, which would be quite fabulous.  We'd be really jolly good friends and drink vodka together and talk rubbish on Sunday nights.

8.Which one of your senses could you least live without?
Hmmmm, tough one.  If I had to choose I'd say taste.  Life would be so boring without it wouldn't it?  

9. Favourite cocktail?
Mojito!  Hell yeah!  Keep anything with tequila in well, well away from me....ugh.....I once ended up with a Mexican Mojito by accident, so disappointed!

10. Who would be your dream prime minister?
Bill Bailey!  He could cheer up bad news about budget cuts with an amusing little ditty and nobody would mind because they'd all be too busy chortling, right?

11. Finally, if you were a vegetable, what would you be?
Beetroot.  My oldest daughter recently proclaimed that beetroot was the best vegetable in the world because it's the pinkest!

I'm going to cheat a bit and post the same questions I asked last time:

1. What was the first single or album you owned?
2. What do you have recurring dreams about?
3. What was your nickname at school, and why?
4. Have you ever had road rage?
5. What can't you leave the house without?
6. What song can you sing from start to finish without checking the words?
7. Ever chatted up a stranger? Dish!
8. What's your Wu Tang name?
9. Have you ever danced on the tables?
10. Where's your happy place?
11. Can you do the Macarena?

Only this time I'm going to ask them to these wonderful ladies:

Loo at Jumble and Pompoms
Lauren at My Life In an English Cottage
Abi at The Good, The Bad and The Quirky
Alex at Bump to Baby
Beth at Bethany Marie
Julia at Tea, Cake and My Boy
Alice at The Cup and Saucer
Chelsea at MS Mummy of Two



 post signature

32 comments:

  1. aww thank you so much my lovely :) Loved reading your answers, now I must go and ponder your questions! Will post them up later on today! Thank you so much again!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Look forward to reading them my dear! :)

      Delete
  2. Great answers although Alan Rickman and the peanut puffs both made me shiver a little. I hope you are having a wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really wonderful, thank you! I've lost track of days, always a good sign! Peanut puffs and Alan Rickman, it's not normal is it?!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! You are such a sweetheart and you have officially made my stinky day a thousand times better! You've put a smile on my face. I will endeavour to answer the questions post haste. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Happy to have made you smile. Look forward to reading you post when I catch up :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO SO much Kate!! So kind of you. I did very recently do a post on this after I was nominated by another blogger, so may not post this time if you don't mind- but that doesn't mean I'm not SO SO grateful- you've put a BIG smile on my face today!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to have made you smile Alice! :) xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Kate, you are an absolute star! My little rock when it comes to the blogging world, I'll be posting up these questions and the answers very soon! Thanks :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely and touching thing to say! Thank you :) look forward to reading your answers xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much :-) Great answers btw!

    Alex
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers, fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, found your post on Post Comment Love. Love your answers to 7 and 10. Especially, Bill Bailey as PM. Wouldn't that make the country a madder, happier place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesa! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! I'm launching a Bailey for PM Campaign!!! :)

      Delete
  9. I do love reading these, probably because I'm such a nosey person! Never manage to find the time to answer them myself though....!! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading them too! I'm a totally unashamed nosey parker!

      Delete
  10. Great to find you via #PoCoLo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting Vicky! :)

      Delete
  11. Congrats honey, so well deserved :-0 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Daenerys Targaryan! I am trying to read Game of Thrones but it is hard to squeeze in between babies and work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! So hard to find the time, but so worthwhile when you do! Daenerys rocks!!!

      Delete
  13. Congrats! Love your answers and have to say I am also very guilty of loving Made in Chelsea! What is it about that show!? #PoCoLo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant!!! So glad it's not just me! It sucks you in doesn't it? Visual crack!

      Delete
  14. I I am LOVING Bill Bailey as Prime Minister - how cool would that be?! I actually quite like Alan Rickman too ;). Thank you for linking up to PoCoLo and for all your support xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would turn this country around I'm sure of it!!! I love joining in, thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  15. Mmmm yum Alan Rickman - hadn't thought about him in that way before, but now that you mention it...grrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank heavens!!! This either means that I'm not weird, or we're both weird! Alan Rickman's voice makes me go wiggly!!

      Delete
  16. Loved reading your answers- & I agree with you; Alan is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!