Thursday 6 February 2014

Currently...#33

Hello Lovelies!



I am very happy to be joining in with Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale.  Hosting this week is 
Colleen from The Mommy Panda as Randalin's on her wee baby break.  If you don't know the drill essentially you just use the given themes for the week or create your own and let everyone know what's Currently going on with you!


This week's themes are: Watching, Saying, Losing, Admiring, Making...

We been catching up on some television programmes that we recorded over Christmas recently, we've been watching Ripper Street, which is ace.  Luther, which is mind blowingly brilliant and I've also developed a thing for watching Breaking Amish, which is a total guilty pleasure, yes I am everso slightly ashamed of myself, but I can't seem to help it! I'm sure it's pretty much all staged, but I find the Amish lifestyle fascinating.

I feel like I'm constantly saying the same things over, and over and over "Put Your shoes on!" "Where's your hat gone?" "Walk properly!" "Don't hit your sister with an umbrella!" I get bored of hearing myself, everyone else must be sick to the back teeth! Wiggles has even started copying my cross Mum voice saying "Down!" at Pearl the Pug in a very commanding tone. Obvious Pearl doesn't take any notice whatsoever. I can sympathise with the poor kid there! 

I've been losing patience with Facebook. More precisely with people on there either indulging in revolting amounts of sentimentality or making pathetic and unnecessary bids for sympathy or attention. I had to delete someone from my friends list for repeatedly posting first photographs following an operation. I sympathise, I do, any operation is awful and unpleasant. But post instagrammed snaps of a blood filled chest drain to force me into feeling that bit sorrier for you and I reach a limit very quickly. Ugh. 

I have been admiring beautiful dresses from all the summer collections that seem to be around at the moment. It's just been admiring though, rather than buying as I'm trying really hard to be less frivolous with my cash. It IS hard though. Curse you Boden for making me want you! 

I am on the crochet diet right now, if I don't do something busy with my hands in the evening I have a tendency to stuff my face and turn my bottom into something akin to the surface of the moon.  As usual I am currently making a blue and purple crocheted blanket for my lovely friend Shirls.  Once I'm finished I am probably going to want to do the same thing again and again and again.  There's something that's just so therapeutic about it!

Next week: Shovelling, Ignoring, Inhaling, Hugging, Throwing.

So come on, if you haven't before, why not give it a go!  Join in? 




4 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on saying the same thing over and over again, and no one is listening. They all tell me, all you do is yell. Yeah, well if you had been listening to me for the last hour of saying it nicely I wouldn't be yelling right now. I'm telling ya, these boys are going to be putting me in a nutter's house someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you there! We'll have a knees up! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Boden has such nice stuff. I sympathize with you there. I'm slowly getting more and more "over" with facebook too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's not just me! Oh and the Boden, it makes me dribble with glee!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!