Wednesday 30 April 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday....#1


On Friday 28th March 2014 something wonderful happened. Something that has been burnt into my memory. Something I refer my mind back to when things get a little, erm, testing.

The day before, on the Thursday I had a nasty tummy bug and had been sick as a dog. Ugh, as a dog. This was not the wonderful thing. I'm not that peculiar! No, the wonderful thing was that on the Friday morning, in my fuzzy sick person's stupor I stood on my bathroom scales. I can remember it clearly, the light wasn't on when I looked down and initially I thought I'd gone batty. That maybe my poorly-ness was confusing my senses, but no, I turned on the light, checked again and the scales definitely and categorically said 9st 13 lbs. Those treacherous wonderful scales, that I love and loathe in almost equal measure. 

Just to give you some background I'd started my "big diet" back in August 2013 after those scale-y bastards had pronounced that I'd eaten my way up to a whopping 12 stone 3 lbs. the heaviest I've ever been. 

I'd worked hard, used My Fitness Pal and Map My Walk to track my diet and exercise and eventually I'd managed to get myself down to a weight that I considered to be much more acceptable.

9 stone 13 lbs. There's a 9 in that. Only *just* a single figure, but nevertheless the smallest I'd been since my twenties. Even though I was ill I was pretty flippin smug about that!! 

Now my rational mind knew that I'd achieved this dizzying height by throwing up solidly for a number of hours. Bummer. Still, once I'd stopped being ill I managed to hover around 10 st 1lb for a little while. Then we had Easter and take away. And quite a lot of birthday cake. And the tiniest smidge of booze....

I knew I'd put on weight. I could tell. Weight always goes to my tummy first and I could *feel* it. Wobbling around me. Today I decided that I had to do something about it, so I took my little piggy butt down to Boots and got myself weighed. On the big scales. On the "Tell No Lies" scales. 

The news wasn't good. Since my best ever weigh in I've gained 9 pounds. Ugh. So not good. 



The readout also gives me my BMI and my bodyfat percentage. Not terribly useful in the grand scheme of things, but important to monitor I think. 

So today in back on it. And to enforce my commitment I'm joining in with #WeightLossWednesday over at Twice The Mum

Today I've had a good strict day food-wise and I've accrued an extra 199 calories in exercise. Hopefully, despite being away this weekend, I'll be able to keep in top of things and report a loss next week. 

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks Kate! So lovely to have you and good luck with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!