Thursday 14 March 2013

Currently...#8

Once again I am very happy to be joining in with Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale and their Currently series.  This week I have been:

Watching: we've been busily catching up with lots of things to watch using the iplayer and 4oD. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a sucker for a crime drama and the been has been excelling in this particular field lately. We've been watching "Mayday" starring Aiden Gillan who I happen to think is gorgeous and a slightly strange murder drama set on the Shetland Isles.  We've also been watching David Tennant try his hand in a gritty detective role. We've also been re watching some classic Alan Partridge. Stop getting Bond wrong!

Craving:  Warm days, sunshine, spring flowers, short sleeved dresses, light cottons, warm breeze.  Washing line laundry.  With each passing season I reach a point where I'm starting to long for the next change.  I've enjoyed our winter, but I really am ready for some Spring now.

Looking: in Charity Shops for dresses!  After This Baby was born I'd sort of lost my enthusiasm for buying things for myself.  I guess that's what happens when you have a baby isn't it?  I can get the same rush of excitement  buying something for them that I used to get buying something frivolous for me, so I sort of lost the urge.  Whilst I was pregnant there wasn't much point spending money on too many clothes that I wouldn't be able to wear in a few months, so I got myself out of the habit I used to have of looking in the charity shops for me, me, me every week.  This last couple of weeks I've started looking at the odd couple of bits for myself again.  I feel like maybe it's nearly time for me to have a little treat again....

Loving:  Spending time with Mr Husband Sir.  He had a day off on Monday, we didn't do anything particular, I let him have a lay in, he had a bath, we mooched about together, he played with This Baby so I could catch up on the washing.  It was lovely though.  I'd like to do that more.  Being so happy in his company reminds me how lucky I am to have met him.

Planning:  A little getaway with some friends at the beginning of next month.  Nothing major or even terribly adventurous but it will be lovely to have a little break from the old routine.  Plus going away with others isn't something we get the chance to do that often and I think it's going to be brilliant.  I bloomin' love those guys.  I can imagine us laughing til our sides hurt and drinking til our heads hurt.  Bring it on!

Next week: 
Cleaning, Planning, Planting, Skipping, Wearing.

Join in?

HK



post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm soooo with you on the 'craving' category this week. I'm desperate for some sunshine on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like the longest winter this year doesn't it? We should definitely celebrate when the sun finally shows up! :)

      Delete
  2. Agreed on the craving category. Winter has lasted way too long.

    I love charity shop shopping, I can never do it anymore as I always have the buggy and the shops are always too small :( Please share if you find anything good!

    Glad you got to spend some time with your OH :)

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy my dear! I might have to do a little retrospective post about charity shops, my top five of all time or something, I've had some corkers in the past. I know what you mean about the shop doors though! Always so small! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!