Thursday 14 March 2013

Importing your blogs from Google Reader to Bloglovin'

So I see that blog-ville is up in arms about Google's decision to retire Google Reader from 1st July 2013.   I can't see the point behind it really, but I'm not all that technical, so that's not really a surprise.  Funnily enough I don't think my Google Reader has ever been so chocca block full of posts, quite a few of which seem to be asking people to be sure to follow them using Bloglovin' as an alternative.

Bloglovin and I have been together for a while now.  You could say we've been dating.  Flirting with one another cheekily from across rooms.  Batting our eyelashes at one another in an alluring fashion.  Personally I get on really well with it, so I'm not too troubled about losing Google Reader as an alternative.

You can see my link to Bloglovin just underneath my picture there on the right hand side of this page......  see it? There?  Just underneath Connect.

It goes without saying that I would love for you all to stay with me.  My blog friends - and I really do consider you friends - mean a huge amount to me and I'd be so sad to end this little journey we're taking together before the train has even pulled out of the station.  What a strange euphemism....anyway....

The point of this post, and there IS a point you'll be pleased to hear is just to say that it's really easy to transfer all the blogs you've had in your Google Reader over to Bloglovin in one swift move.

All you have to do is create yourself a Bloglovin' account (if you don't have one already), make sure you're logged in (open this in another tab) and then click HERE   That's right, just there.  Where it said here.  No, not that here, the different coloured here above.  Ok HERE  Just click on the blue Google Reader button, follow the instructions and Robert's your Father's brother.

Easy!  All done in one swift move, completely painlessly.  So come on my lovelies, do it.  You know you want to!  I'll see you on the other side.....

post signature

19 comments:

  1. Ooh I enjoyed that little post! I do have a blog lovin account but I'll be damned if I know what to do with it next...so I will click here (not that here the one up there!) and do as you say...but then what?! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh! Then my lovely, Bloglovin will seamlessly guide you through the process of importing ALL your blogs over. You have to be logged in before you click the link above, then you click Google Reader (twice if I remember correctly). It will ask you if you allow it to access your reader, then go a bit quiet for a moment or two and then! Hey presto! It should all be sorted in one swift movement! All your favourite blogs should be listed in a long line down the left. Happy face!

      Just remember, it's definitely there, not there.... ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh thanks for the tips Kate! I've seen a few posts about it but this was the most straight forward to follow by a long shot, so thank you! All done! :D

    Hayley
    http://sparklesandstretchmarks.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome my dear! I was a little worried I'd have to add each blog one at a time, thankfully importing them this was was painless!

      Delete
  3. Think I did it! I've managed to miss all of this news! Will go about adding Bloglovin to my blog later. Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvellous news Abi! And thank you too :) I'm in fine fettle thank you lovely. Hope you are too? :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hey, you create a nice blog! I like it very much. well done my friend well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that on Twitter and didn't believe it at first. I have used Google Reader for ages to manage my blogs. Don't know why they would get rid of it. Anyway, am loving BlogLovin though. I have followed you on there. I don't know if I get notified if someone follows me or likes a post on there? Do you know? Am going to like (or heart) this post once I've commented and maybe you can tell me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely! And thank you! I don't get a notification of a liked post I don't think (at least not by email) but if you go into Settings on Bloglovin you can tick the box to send you an email when someone follows you. I've had a few through today. You also have to "Claim your Blog" to connect your blog to your profile. I must say I'm a big fan of Bloglovin too, it's very user friendly. I also think it'll be good not to have follower numbers displayed on blogs so much. I hope people will decide to follow because they like what they see, rather than because of popularity. I suppose the only downside is that not all existing readers will necessarily switch to Bloglovin and it would be a shame to lose people.

      Delete
  6. thank you for reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Same here, can't miss out! :) x

      Delete
  8. You're hilarious and that is helpful so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post made me laugh! I just created a Bloglovin blog hop on my blog. It encourages interacting and following other bloggers.Maybe you'd like to link up! It's fresh new!

    Krysta
    afairytalecomesalive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!