Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Best Cookie Recipe in the World....

Hello lovelies,

Because I flippin love you (yes I do, oh yes I do!) I thought I'd treat you all and share with you what I believe to be the best flippin' cookie recipe in the entire world.  I can remember my Mum making these cookies when I was a little girl, she used to freeze them (why?) and I would sneak to the freezer and eat them secretly whilst they were still frozen.  That's how much I love them!

I still make them today, in fact I made some for a friend the other day to cheer her up.  I didn't realise that she had family visiting when I dropped them over and apparently my timing was perfect as she'd forgotten pudding and these went down a storm!  Her Mother in Law ate three.  Mother in Law pleasing cookies!  I felt pretty darn proud of that....

So here's the recipe, I'm afraid I didn't photograph every stage in the process as it involves getting your hands sticky and I didn't want a sticky camera.  You will need:

8oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Butter or Margarine
4oz Sugar
2oz chocolate chips, I used a good quality bar and chop it up as I like my bits chunky.  You can use plain, milk or white, whatever you prefer, in this particular instance I used milk and white chips together. I know, I'm such a lush!
4oz golden syrup

This recipe is ridiculously simple!  You just:

Rub the flour and butter together into fine breadcrumbs, add the sugar and chocolate chips, then add the syrup and squish all the ingredients together until you have a sticky dough which should look something a little like this:


Mmmmmm, squashy!  See what I mean about not wanting to get that all over the camera?  Then you roll the mixture into small dainty balls if you're feeding a lot of people, or hoofing great balls if you feel in the mood for monster cookies.  

Space them out well on a baking sheet, squash them down a little bit and bake in the oven at 190 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes (depending on size you went for and the shade you prefer).  They should come out looking a little something like this:


Honestly, try them, they are AMAZING.  In fact, if these aren't the best darn cookies you ever tasted I'll eat my hat!  Ok, maybe not my actual hat, maybe just some more cookies so I can decide that you're definitely bonkers.

Let me know if you try them!

Love, love,

post signature

13 comments:

  1. Kate, you are mean! I'm on a DIET and these look fantastic! Bookmarked the recipe in my food to try folder, I'll let you know how they go down with my own wee cookie monster!

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Sorry about that!!! Hope the diet goes well! It's always good to have a cookie recipe stashed away for a rainy day though isn't it? :)

      Delete
  2. Best cookies you say? Think I'll have to try these out then x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're soooooo good!!! And they smell amazing whilst they're baking, you can scent your new place with the smell of coooookies! Let me know how it goes if you try them xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my god. My favourite thing to eat ever is cookies... !!
    Now I am sitting here craving them lol. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
    xx
    Alex
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Alex! Let me know if you give them a go! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm... drooling now.... Will get baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delicious and easy! I am going to attempt them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm, yummy, I think I may have put on half a pound just reading this! Thanks for linking up to #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy. Just checking the cupboards to make sure I have everything for these tomorrow. Going to make a batch to take to Glastonbury for the kids. YUM #PoCoLo @afieldsomewhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy they look delicious :)
    #pocolo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!