Thursday 5 September 2013

Currently.....#24

Thursday is upon us again so I'mjoining in with Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale and am Currently....

Growing:  Too many courgettes!  We are inundated.  If I have to eat another courgette any time this year, I will turn into one I swear.  I've tried cake, rosti, pickles, grated, all the variations.  I've taken to giving them away to anyone who will stand still near  me for five minutes now.  I think it's my only hope.

Buying:  Christmas presents!  I know, I know, the C-word again.  But I can't help it, when I see a bargain, a girl's gotta buy.  Today I bought some gorgeous Disney Princess Pyjamas for Biscuit and I intend to squirrel them away until the big day.  She'll be chuffed to bits.  As long as I don't forget all about them....

Earning:  Exercise based brownie points!  I am not on a diet, but I have reassessed what I eat a little, and decided that I need to be more active.  I'm trying to cut out the rubbish food and exercise a little more each day.  That way I don't feel so guilty if I scoff something illicit.

Judging: Hmmm, a toughie.  The only thing I can think of that even vaguely squeezes into this category is that I like to pretend I'm a Great British Bake Off (a UK baking competition on the tellybox) judge once a week and assess who's been fabulous and who's been rubbish.  I base this purely on how their food looks. Mr Husband once got an email from Mary Berry (don't ask) so I am of the opinion that this pretty much qualifies me for the role.

Embracing:  Buffets!  I know I've said before that I have a mortal fear of them, but our lovely friends L and The Beard get married on Saturday and they're having not one but two buffets.  I am reliably informed by L that this will be a nice buffet, with no stinky egg smell and frequently replenished food, unlicked by small children.  I'm embracing the whole buffet thing and I'm hoping that this will be the beginning of a whole new buffet scoffing chapter in my life.  It would certainly make things easier.  I can't tell you how excited I am about their wedding, it's going to be fabulous!  L shared the story of her proposal with me the other day and it's just so sweet.  The Beard decided after a spell away travelling alone that he wanted L to be his wife, despite previously being quite opposed to the idea of marriage.  He proposed the minute he got back home, sob.  I love a man that realises when he's been a right wally.  Congratulations chaps!

Next week: Needing, Reading, Wearing, Picturing, Expecting.

Join in?
HK


post signature

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to start shopping for Christmas presents next month.
    Have a lovely time and the wedding and I hope you enjoy the buffet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got another present today! I love it! Thank you my dear, it'll be buffet tastic! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I think an email from Mary Berry to your husband absolutely qualifies you to vote on the bake off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of agree, but I'm definitely not telling him that!!

      Delete
  3. You're super organised with your Christmas shopping! I'll admit I've already started making my wish list ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost embarrassing if I'm honest Stephanie, in truth I'm just a skinflint who loves a bargain!!

      Delete
  4. Christmas!? Seriously?! It hasn't even crossed my mind. I'm only just getting through all the summer wedding gifts... When do we get a break?! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! And I am a little embarrassed about my Christmas shopping activity but I have excuses! They £4 down from £14, how could I refuse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!