Thursday 10 April 2014

Currently....#38


Hello Lovelies!




It's Currently again!  Pop and see my two lovelies Lindsey from Ot and Et and Randalin from Harvesting Kale to see what it's all about.  


This week's themes are:  Dropping, Making, Wearing, Kissing, Keeping...

I am forever dropping plates and bowls and anything smashable. However, this week, typically I haven't dropped a single thing! One thing you can always guarantee me to drop is my crochet hook. I drop my hook about forty times a night. Sometimes it's easy to find, sometimes the flippin thing wedges itself down the side of my sofa cushions and I get proper stroppy trying to find it. See this: 


It's the new stitch I've been learning: the ripple. On this little test piece I dropped my hook twice. It only took me twenty minutes! Ugh! 

I didn't think this through....I've been making ripple stitch blankets. Surprise!!! 

I've been wearing thick tights. Still. It's always hard to get me to ditch my tights, even in the height of summer. Right now it's that awkward the if year when it's sunny but chilly, so hard to know what to do with your legs! I've also been wearing snot stained tops. I have two darlings with runny noses. It's impossible to avoid hidden snot trails under such circumstances! 

Kissing? Erm. Well Mr Husband, obvs. Small snotty faces. And, erm, Lucky after a few gins: 


Lastly I've been keeping up to date with all the birthdays. This time of year it seems to EVERYONE'S birthday and it's quite hard to keep on top of them all and not forget anyone. I think I'm there. At least I hope! 

So come on, if you haven't before, why not give it a go!  Join in? 



8 comments:

  1. I so know what you mean, I'm totally dropping my hooks all the time too. I get so mad. Sometimes I will get up for a moment and the kids will bump it, and of course it goes rolling some where. I will spend forever trying to find it.
    Good luck with the birthdays, you sound like you are so much better then I am. I'm bad about that, sometimes I have to ask my hubby how old I am because I forget. So sad. I always love reading what you are up to on there other side of the pond. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany, that's so kind! And I'm glad I'm not the only cack handed hook dropper out there! ;) x

      Delete
  2. I announced in a management meeting this week that I wanted to learn to crochet. There was some eye rolling but also some encouragement. Any tips on where to start greatly appreciated (hopefully it wont be with that amazing thing you're doing up there - that looks like professional crocheter territory). Love your kissy photo. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Caz! Anyway I can help, just shout! My top tip would be to check things out on YouTube of they get confusing, it's easier to see how things are done than to try and picture them from reading. Also make sure you're looking up UK crochet and not US, they have slightly different terms, but similar enough to really throw a spanner in the works if you don't realise! Good luck!! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to learn crochet. I can knit a little, which I would have thought would be harder, but that one needle thing trips me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're either a natural knitter or crochet-er but rarely both. I am useless at knitting, I can't get my tension right and I end up with sore fingers! :) x

      Delete
  4. Tights are the hardest to give up but I'm thinking of embracing bare legs this year even though mine are neither well-defined nor in any way a good color like brown (instead, white, blue, green). This winter has us all so sun starved we are running around half naked at 65' ! I say embrace your naked legs & blind the world Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bare legs?! BARE LEGS? Ok, kid, let's do it! You, me, four legs of blinding white-ness! What could possibly go wrong!!! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!