Thursday 24 April 2014

Currently....#39

Hello Lovelies!




It's Currently time!!  Pop and see my two lovelies Lindsey from Ot and Et and Randalin from Harvesting Kale to see what it's all about.  


This week's themes are:  Making, Eating, Enjoying, Hiding, Noticing...

I've been making a little more space in the drawers in Wiggles' bedroom. I'm trying to get ready to decorate in there soon. I've bagged up three BIG bags of clothes to pass onto Dinky. Some were quite hard to part with, but I've been brutal. If it's not aged 18 - 24 months then it's got to go. Can't have my kiddo looking squished into her clothes!

Easter has meant we've been eating all the traditional things for the time of year. Easter Eggs (obvs) Hot Cross Buns and Simnel Cake. I really have to stop eating soon. I have it in my mind that as soon as the weather heats up I'll lose the desire to fill my face and be content just to nibble on a chive or two every now and then,

I may be a little bit tragic, but I've been really enjoying getting back to our usual routine. It feels like it's been the Easter holidays for a long time and I've sort of missed the to and fro of an ordinary day. I like the structure of taking Biscuit to school, picking her up and then enjoying spending the weekend all together.

Hmmm....hiding. What, if anything, have I been hiding? Erm....my wild desire to be a go go dancer? My incurable hatred of Disney films? One of these two things might actually be true. The other, not so much. I'll leave it to you to work out which is which!!

Sometimes I think I walk around blindly without noticing anything very much at all. I suppose I've been trying to put more effort into noticing how the people around me are feeling. Lucky's Mum has been poorly, Impressive E has been struggling with a wilful baby Beetle who refuses to sleep, plus a house move on top. I've been trying to pay attention to what they might need from me as a friend. Asking how things are? If I can help? Or just sympathising. It's all too easy (for me) to be switched off to others feelings. I could easily not notice how things are going in other's lives. I can get kinda wrapped up in me and us sometimes. I have to kick myself into remembering we're not the only peeps who exist.

So come on, if you haven't before, why not give it a go!  Join in? 





4 comments:

  1. Packing away kids clothes is soooo hard! I'm actually in the process of going back through the bins of clothes I kept from Kale to decide what to donate and what's worth keeping for Bea. You'd think it would be easier considering he's been out of the clothes for YEARS, but I still got all misty eyed and pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I think time makes it worse! I'm exactly the same, but of I have to add "Oh, I'd forgotten about this" on top I'm usually all blubbery by the end! :) xx

      Delete
  2. There is nothing more wonderful that a perfectly routine day that goes swimmingly from dusk to dawn. Love this time of year too, something about being able to go outside again just makes everything better and routiner and perfecter and harmonious-er!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Ahhhh, I love a day that goes to plan! :) x

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!