Thursday 3 October 2013

What's going on?

It occurred to me that I have written a life update post for yonks and yonks, so I thought I'd better rectify this and let you know what's been going on round these here parts!

Two weeks ago we went to my dear friend Berg's beautiful wedding. It was so lovely. Apart from the bit where My Darling Boy got a migraine and had to have a little sleepy in the car. Poor love! One of the most memorable things was the amazing samba in the evening. It was ruddy bloody brilliant! Probably the closet I will ever get to Mardi Gras and certainly one to remember! 


Last weekend we had lunch with two of our lovely pals. They are both our children's Godparents and we are so, so lucky to call them our friends. They rock! They told us that not only are they about to buy their first house, but they're also expecting their first baby. Happy news indeed!

After enjoying a lovely lunch together we all went for a stroll through their local park. It had a bandstand with a fantastic brass band playing, I love a brass band! Wheel me over and park me in front of one when I'm an old bird! But I will be needing a tartan blanket...


I had a bit of a splurge in Sainsbury's last week, they had 25% off all their clothing so I took advantage and snaffled myself this little piece of gorgeous:


At only £22.50 it would have been rude not to, right? And I deserved it!  I've rather wonderfully managed to lose an entire stone in weight! I've been religiously calorie counting using an excellent app called My Fitness Pal. I've got a little way to go yet, but I'm very pleased with my progress. 

Having said that, I'm going to have to be a bit careful this weekend, it's my Mum and Dad's Ruby Wedding Anniversary. My Aunt and Uncle are coming to visit and I haven't seen them for ages. I can't wait! We're all going to a lovely swanky restaurant in Sunday to celebrate. I'm so excited! 

Hope you all have great weekends too! 

Love, love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your lovely comments x

If you're a rotten stinking spambot; shoooooo! Away with you!!